Monday, March 2, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin!

So many of you who know me, know that I really enjoy St. Patrick's Day. It is such a fun holiday to me. Maybe it's enjoying the bright, vibrant color green after enduring such a long dreary, gray winter. Maybe it's the feeling of warmer weather, knowing flowers are about to spring up and bloom. Maybe it's the amazing, fantastic accent the Irish have or the awesome music that just makes you happy! Don't you want to jump up and dance an Irish jig after hearing the music on my blog?!
After last year's celebration, many of you out there commented on how next year (this year) you wanted to do something fun...and really get into the "green" holiday. Well now's your chance. You have 15 whole days to decide how you're going to do it. Tell Irish tales, dress crazily all in green, talk Irish (it's so much fun!), go on a hunt for yer pot o' gold's! Color your food green or make a traditional Irish feast: corned beef, cabbage, soda bread, ....there are tons of good recipes! Turn your front room upside down and blame it on all those mischievous Leprechauns! Just have fun and get into it! And post on your blog's with lots of pics, so I can relish in all the Irish craze/love I've inspired!


Irish Blessing:
May your day be touched
by a bit of Irish luck,
brightened by a song in your heart,
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

7 comments:

Larry, Shanda, Aana, and Addison said...

Okay...so you are really a riot! I am cleaning my house this morning to your irish tunes trying to get into the spirit. I love the post! I sure wish I could be here to celebrate with the kids...but I think I will take whatever the cruise feeds me! :)

Jennica said...

Oooh, feel so sorry for you cuz you'll be on your cruise!? not! Wear a green suit or maybe green makeup???
But tell me what song you really enjoyed....was it Celtic Techno Burrito or The Drunken Scottsman? I'll bet you loved the lyrics of that one, wasn't it hilarious! Ahhh, you gotta love that accent...

Piano Mom said...

I love Irish Washerwoman! I'll have to think of something fun to do this year. We've never celebrated St. Patrick's day...

Shaela said...

how fun! I'm glad you found my blog - now I can stalk you, too! ;)

Wendy Christensen said...

I LOVE ST. Patty Day ... Thanks for the Irish Inspiration :) --- I think this year I'm going to wear a GREEN wig -- why not??!!

RP said...

We're TOTALLY in! Can't wait to start celebrating next to the green river in Chicago! :)

Mandy said...

I just want you to make a video of yourself talking like the brillent Irish womal you are! Seriously, make it long and say lots of words that have "RRRRR" in them so I get the full effect! Happy green day! And no you were not taken off my blog roll, I just named them all wrong...Im slighly retarded.