Monday, March 10, 2008

Instilling My Obsession 1 Block at a Time



So, via my previous post about lovig the Irish, Spencer has been fed lots of Irish wisdom and "enthusiasm" for St. Patrick's Day. The other day he told me we need to decorate our house for St. Patrick's Day. I said, "we need lots of green, go see what you can find that's green and we'll put it all over the house." I proceeded to go and print off some shamrocks he could color and decorate and also some leprechauns, and we'd put 'em on the windows or something. Well my adorable red-headed Spencerrrrr went above and beyond. He found green colored blocks and placed them all over the house AND he assembled decorations using his green magnetics and then hung them from the ceiling fan in the kitchen.






He did this all by himself and then came up to tell me he had a surprise for me. You can imagine what a proud parent moment I enjoyed after seeing all his decorations and hard work. ....ya know, I think it's really important we instil those things that are valuable, meaningful, and so, so fun, into our children. -like getting into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, perfecting our Irish accent's and appreciating that beautiful "Green" culture. Some may say I get a little carried away, but to them I say, "That's RRRRight laddy!" *****6 days til St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

TC Jolley said...

What a cute little man! He's such a stud... and a great designer! Happy St. Patty's day... soon!

Piano Mom said...

Hopefully you'll all have a great St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy the green decor!

Wendy Christensen said...

Go with the green!!! :) :)