Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Spencer Turns 6!


Well, it's official. My little boy is no longer little anymore. He's passed 5 up and he's on his way. Rob & I are in a little denial at this point. We celebrated last Friday and threw Spencer a football party. It was a big hit. The kids had a blast, and why wouldn't they? They were able to break all the rules they have to keep at home. Throwing and kicking balls inside, playing tackle football, and eating lots of sugar. It was a lot of fun. We had a great group of 8 boys, all dressed up in their football apparel. We played games, ate cake & ice cream, hit the pinata-made by Rob (and yes hon, it is definitely "blog-worthy") and opened presents. The boys took home plenty of candy and some good stuff. Spencer thoroughly enjoyed his presents and even remembered to thank mom and dad. On his actual birthday, yesterday Dec. 18th, Rob took him out to lunch to Burger King. We opened presents when they got home, and he was excited with them all, especially the NFL teams poster. Of course the most inexpensive gifts they love, right? For school they sang Happy Birthday to him, and he took some cupcakes for the snack. After school I let him invite a few friends over and I just want to say that I'm so glad he has such good friends. They are so agreeable and nice and play really well together. We expect nothing less in the future. ---All in all, he had a great birthday. We are so proud of Spencer and all he's accomplished. He is a great kid. So smart, so sweet, and so fun. Thanks for all the calls and presents. We miss all of you and wish you could have been here.

1 comment:

Piano Mom said...

What wonderful chaos! I can't believe he's 6 years old...not a little boy any longer! The pinata turned out really well, Rob and Jen, I love your cake. I don't think I've ever done a theme cake for my kids...they are so deprived! Love you guys.