Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spencer's First Tooth.......Finally!




Finally at the ripe old age of 7, Spencer finally lost his first tooth. His tooth had been loose for sometime and we kept telling him to wiggle it, because his permanent tooth was starting to come in. Rob decided to take matters into his own hands.....he gave Spencer one week to get it out on his own, but if after a week it still wasn't out and was ready, Dad was going to pull it out. Spencer was fairly disconcerted with this idea and I'm sure wiggled his tooth like a banchee the night Rob told him this, ....but 1 week went by fast and sure enough Rob remembered. Before going to bed (this was a Friday night) Rob had Spencer come show him his tooth. Rob got to work and starting loosening and working the tooth with floss, pliers, and even his fly tying scissors.....but don't worry! He washed and disinfected these tools of choice before going to town on Spencer. After Spencer finally realized that it didn't really hurt, he started to believe Rob that it was time to pull it out. Rob gave him the heads up and with 2 quick pulls --with the fly tying scissors-- Spencer's tooth was out! And let me just say that watching this all unfold from my view was absolutely priceless....something I'll (and I'm sure Spencer) will never forget!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love this story because I was also afraid to pull out my teeth and my oldest brother happily sat on my chest and pulled all my teeth out. Luckily he was not a fisherman, I think that would freak me right out! Good job Spence!

RP said...

He's going to remember this for the rest of his life! It's such a big deal to lose a tooth! Brandon's still waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

Renee said...

I'm surprised that there were no tears. Way to go Spencer! Looking forward to hearing about #2 coming out. This was a very dramatic experience to be sure. Love you all.

Gpa & Gma

Shaela said...

woohoo! I don't even know at what age kids start lossing teeth... Caleb is 5, should I be on the lookout? That's crazy!

and btw, no, we're not really into fishing. It's a kayak that John is building, but the top (decking) can't go on until he checked for leaks. :)